Academy MemberMap & Directions
Regularly travels out of state to: Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, VirginiaOther ADR Services: ADR Training/CME, Discovery Referee, Early Neutral Evaluation, Facilitation & Systems Design, Fact Finding, Med-Arb
- Practice Commenced: 1988
- Total Mediations (as of Dec 2021): 750
- Total Arbitrations (as of Dec 2021): 20
Dan Dozier is an internationally-recognized pioneer in conflict management and collaborative decision-making, with nearly 40 years of experience as an attorney, negotiator, and mediator, including 25 years as a mediator and facilitator of complex multi-party environmental and public policy, employment, contract and commercial disputes. He has been appointed by United States District Courts throughout the United States to mediate complex environmental cases and is listed on numerous rosters of neutrals.
Mr. Dozier is a member of the law firm of Press, & Dozier, LLC. His practice is focused on providing the full range of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) services including mediation, facilitation, arbitration and stakeholder consultation services. Mr. Dozier has facilitated policy dialogues and negotiated rulemaking proceedings between representatives of federal, state, local government, environmental, community, industrial, and trade association groups.
Mr. Dozier is an expert in CERCLA and RCRA hazardous waste matters, having mediated hazardous waste issues for groups of responsible parties around the nation. He has designed allocation procedures, managed the construction of large waste-in databases, mediated database and other records disputes, drafted non-binding allocation of responsibility for cleanup costs, and mediated settlement negotiations at more than three dozen sites around the nation.
Mr. Dozier has served as an expert witness on cost allocation issues for parties at three sites, the Waste, Inc. site in Indiana, the Pennsauken Landfill in New Jersey, as an expert for the Court at the Stringfellow site in California and as an expert regarding allocation of costs among lease owners at the Macondo project oil well spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
Prior to joining Press & Dozier, LLC, Mr. Dozier served as manager of the Washington, DC office of CDR Associates, a leading conflict management and mediation firm that provides alternative dispute resolution services to parties around the world.
- ADA Disability
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Community Associations
- Contract Disputes
- Cross Cultural
- Energy Sector (Oil/Gas)
- Land Use/Planning
- Lemon Law
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Native American
- Non-profit Organizations
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Public Policy
- Real Estate
- Religious Institutions
- Sexual Harassment
- Shareholder Disputes
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan J.D. - 1971
- Wayne State University B.A. - 1968 Major: History
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member of the District of Columbia Bar and the Maryland State Bar Association
- Former Member of the Council of the ADR Section of the Maryland State Bar Association.
- Member U. S. District Court for the District of Columbia Circuit Panel of Mediators
- Member U. S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit Roster of Mediators
- Member American Bar Association, Sections of Environment, Energy and Natural Resources (SEER) and Dispute Resolution. Co-Chair of the SEER ADR Committee
- Past Member, Administrative Conference of the United States
- Maryland Circuit Courts Business and Technology Panel of Mediators
- Member, Board of Directors, Friend's Non-Profit Housing Corporation, Inc., owner and operator of Friendly Gardens, an 84 unit low-income apartment complex in Silver Spring, Maryland.
- Public Member, Montgomery County Water Quality Advisory Group, appointed by the County Executive for a three year term ending in 2015.
$425 per hour. Travel Costs.