- Practice Commenced: 2009
Judge Smith retired from active service as a Maryland State trial judge in 2008. She continues to serve as a "Senior Judge" in the Circuit Courts for Baltimore City and Baltimore County and is a mediator for the Maryland Court of Special Appeals Civil Mediation Program.
Her private mediation practice is varied and focuses on the resolution of complex matters involving personal injury, medical and other professional malpractice, construction disputes, toxic torts, insurance subrogation, and commercial disputes.
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Class Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Eminent Domain
- Land Use/Planning
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Wrongful Death
- J.D., The Catholic University of America School of Law
- B.A., College of Notre Dame of Maryland
- ADR Training: 40 Hour Civil Mediation Training Maryland Judiciary; Court of Special Appeals of Maryland Annual Mediator Training; Circuit Court for Baltimore City ADR Training Updates
Memberships & Affiliations
- Maryland Judicial Conference (Data Definitions Steering Committee; Medical Malpractice ADR Subcommittee; Recalled/Retired Judges Committee
- Faculty: The Judicial Institute of Maryland
- Lawyers’ Round Table Law Club
- Maryland State Bar Association (Litigation Section; ADR Section)
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Women’s Law Center, Inc.
- National Association of Women Judges (Chair---Women in Prison Committee) (Past President--- Maryland Chapter)
- Fellow of the Maryland Bar Foundation
$500/hour. For travel outside Baltimore MD area, hourly rate at 1/2.